Tuesday, May 18, 2010

To Sabyasachi and,


For Sabyasachi


 the texture of my life lies before me:
your colors, your weaves, your pencils, your mirth,

stepping in a grand world with a pink foot,
where your dreams have gone before and found light,

every “godhuli” takes on new meaning,
you have seen these lines in a gold “pokraj”,

my mind dances on rolling green grasses,
what made you do a red-crested peacock?

sarees speak as if “he” is calling me,
sounds you have patterned out in mustard sheets,

the texture of my life lies before me,
your “lal paar” for a  ordinary girl,

thrusting into the world as ‘Bengali’
which you have shown means, of universal

1 comment:

  1. Great...Thank you for bringing his creations on a website...

    I admire his Art(thats what I want to name each and every peice of his creations) having an Indian soul...

    Want to have atleast one of his creation before I leave this palnet...

    Sabya you Rock....


    Shyba

    ReplyDelete